Sunday, November 16, 2008

Happy Molidays!

We have decreed today a holiday--a moliday!

We're celebrating because Molly fits inside the shop. It's tight, but manageable. I can access three sides easily, as well as open her door--and reach the firewood bin. And I can still use the shop's woodstove. But mostly I'll be working on the inside. First things first--a bug bomb. Then the cabinet doors come off. The carpets come out. Cushions. Once she's gutted, I can start cleaning. With a toothbrush. From one end to the other. That's when I also start making lists. Lots of lists.

And, hopefully, priorities.

My river floating friend (and printing mentor), Mike Faris, stopped by with his camera and gave a hand. With Mike behind, guiding me by walkie-talkie, I was able to slip Molly right inside her new lodgings. I tied a line to the top of the bay door, then tied that to the refrigerator/toolchest--the bay door sags an inch or two past its frame. Mike estimated we had about a quarter of inch to spare on the top. We were in. Gentlemen, you know the feeling. I jumped out and sprinted about moving tools to make room. Tristan was doing a marvelous job of not talking. Unfortunately, in my excitement, I forgot to lower the CB antenna--and snapped off part of its bracket. An important part, too. The part that keeps the antenna from falling off.

Oh, well. That can be replaced.

The following images are thanks to the camera of Mike Faris.




Hail the mighty daredevils!



A little father and son time, Travco style.



Here we go...(will she fit?)


Barely.


The antenna has been color enhanced for your viewing pleasure.

Heigh-ho! Life is great when you're five.


The End.

Stay tuned for more exciting adventures as dudleyclark and his extremely young children tackle the job of restoring a thirty year old Travco named Molly. (What will they think of next?)

No comments: