Saturday, November 22, 2008

Weekend Worrier

Another weekend, another dent in the project. Out came the drawers and doors, up came the carpet. Like a kid, I raced through Molly looking for treasures. And I found them, too. Loads of receipts (pieced together, they tell a story), maps and magazines (National Geographics), a fire extinguisher (NIB), as well as a fuel pump (also NIB with an $80 price tag); new windshield wipers (why didn't I look before the arduous, rainy drive home?); tire chains (now we can go anywhere!), along with boxes of spare fuel filters, cans of oil, a grease gun, a jack, a big bicycle tire pump, belts, and the original plaque with the owner's name (among other things).

Still getting oriented. I'll have Carol and Henry (professional upholsters) come by maybe this weekend to look at the seats and beds. Once they're pulled, I can start cleaning and making lists.

Here's the damage so far:



Carpet is pulled and stored for future use as a template (if we decide to use carpet again).




Not my bad (luck). I'm just cleaning up...



No comments: