Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Impossibler and Impossibler

Somebody stop me! Is there some kind of Travco Twelve-Step Program? Please, at least take my flat bar and screwgun away!

Luckily (?), I'm running out of things to take apart (or down).

This is the way I left the rear sleeping cabin the other day.

I decided to take out all the old 3/4 tops...

...and got a closer look at the rear wiring.

Thanks to the former owner, Bill, who was generous enough with his time to stop by the other day, many of my lingering questions were finally answered, and more of Molly's dark past unveiled. (Thanks, Bill, for the detailed information about the inverter!)


I finally decided to remove the other half of the front cab's ceiling. At first, I partially detached the hanging cabinets, then sliced with a razor knife just along the inside of the cab frame. Then down came the drooping, waterlogged headliner.



You can see inside the cabs where the old headliner remains (it's not there anymore, you'll see). The reason the AC pigtail doesn't work...well, it's not connected. The water did some loosening of the wood retaining frame (you can see the void above where it used to reside). All the metal will get sprayed with a rust inhibitor before being recovered.


This is what I was left with... I figured painting in place would be facilitated by the removal of the hood fan, so...out that came.



Also out came the burned plywood. This is the heater (plywood removed). Bill assured me it's like new and works perfectly.


Being who and how I am, I dislike fake raised panel drawers, so off with them!


Then I thought how much easier it would be to reapply the headliner if the cabs were gone.


The cabs...gone. Pipe chase in the corner and plastic mirror. I'm thinking about losing the mirror.


The way it look as I write...man. What have I done?



What thu? How did this get in here? That's Tristan (5) preparing duck eggs for his and his brother Chance's breakfast.


(He's not really that tall. He's standing on something.)

For the next few days I have lots of time to spend inside Molly. What will I rip out next?

No comments: