Sunday, December 7, 2008

To My Prying Eyes' Surprise

'Twas some weeks before Christmas and all through the house not a sound was occurring, not even the scurrying of a mouse (or in our case mice); in fact, it was a Sunday pm and naptime to boot, so out to old Molly I did myself scoot.

Ouch. Enough of that.

I grab time whenever I can, and this time I thought I'd start ripping off the green shag carpet. It was a mess, but went fairly quickly, resulting in this:

and this:



I was not expecting to find another leak, but another leak I did find. Hooray!

Next, I went to town on the first step. It's always been soggy and saggy, and I wanted to find out why. Now I know.


A new plate will have to be welded under the old one, then playwood applied, then whatever surface material we settle on. No big deal. As Jenna likes to say, at least we didn't pay for it (i.e., Molly).

Speaking of Jenna, this is the woman behind the man behind the blog about the motorhome named Molly:

That's Chance (or, as I like to call him, Fat Chance) peering about for more things to put in his mouth. And, while we're at it, here's the rest of the crew:



From the Christmas parade (obviously). That's Tristan on the left. Guy on the right, never did get his name.

Blaise, my up-and-coming Rawk Star. (Johnny Depp, move over.)

Next up: demo the rest of the shag; bag up screws; start cleaning up the wiring; in fact, start cleaning up altogether. Next weekend will be the First Inspection by father-in-law Bob. Gotta make a good showing.


Now where did I put that broom...

1 comment:

VoyageVixen said...

Nice to see your rig. Looks like it had the same floor of my 1964 travco i picked up this year. took out 70% of the floor and put in all new plywood.